Thursday, November 3, 2011

293- Awesome Arms

Yesterday was a strength day.  We were attempting to find our 1 rep max for push press after finding our 10 rep max.  I was paired up with a new girl, it was her second day ever.  She had a great attitude.  I was happy to be paired with her and help her out.  


We took turns trying to find our respective maximum push presses, and at one point, when I was loading up my bar, new girl asks me: "So, is this the only thing you do?  I mean, workout wise? Your arms are amazing."  Whoa, whoa, whaaaaa?  Back up.  Did she just say my arms (my worst thing in the world) are amazing?  I thanked her, and said yes, any "arms" I had could be attributed to crossfitting and the awesomeness of the program/trainers/etc.  


But here's the thing.  I know what I have, and I know what I don't have.  Amazing arms are something that I do not have.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that they allow me to hang from a bar, hold myself in a handstand, lift heavy things, hug my bf deluxe and doggie, and eat!  But when I think of amazing arms, I think of sculpted deltoids, and curves of biceps, things I do not have.  I do not wear tank tops in public.


However, I did nail a 110# push press for my one rep max, so maybe my arms are pretty amazing afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment