Saturday, November 5, 2011

291-Gift of a Day

Today was a beautiful clear fall day.  The kind of day where I could not sit inside and watch Grey's Anatomy on Netflix, and had to go work in the yard.  I cleaned the chicken coop, I swept pine needles (holy crap, douglas fir trees are worse then any deciduous leave dropping tree!), did general yard stuff, took down my Halloween decorations, and sat in the sun.  


Its been awhile since I tried some Paleo baking, and ever since discovering Elena's Pantry, I've had much success.  I tried her Paleo Bread recipe a few months ago, and I've also made her banana muffins modified to be paleo.  Today I tried her Paleo Pumpkin Bread, and the house smells amazing.  I doubled the recipe (but kept the honey at the single recipe amount) added zest from 1/2 an orange, and stirred in some organic raisins at the end.  It made a perfect 12 muffins:
Seriously, I never knew almonds, eggs, salt, pumpkin, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, honey and raisins could look so good.  


I'll be enjoying one of these later with some organic pasture butter while watching Grey's Anatomy.  A perfect end to a perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment