Sunday, November 27, 2011

269- History Has Been Made


In less than five days, I'll be 100 days into my one year challenge.  100 days!  I stepped on the scale out of habit to see how much "damage" was done over Thanksgiving, and I weighed less than I did before Thanksgiving.  I'm pretty sure that has never happened in the history of me!  When I think about it, I shouldn't be surprised, because like I mentioned before, it was just another day, but when everyone around me is talking about their excesses and getting back on track on Monday, etc., its hard not to get caught up in that and assume I went crazy too. 
 
But I didn't.  I'm focused.  I've got a few more days with Jordan, and then I jump right into my next 30 day challenge with Destiny.*  The 30 days between December 1st and December 31st are going to be probably the most challenging of the year.  December 10= holiday cocktail party at my house.  December 15-18= Las Vegas for my sister's birthday.  December 24-25= Christmas.  December 31= New Years Eve.  That's a lot of events involving alcohol and tempting foods.  Well, I should clarify that foods aren't really tempting anymore, but with inhibitions lowered from alcohol, I may make poor choices.  Alcohol in excess of a 2-3 glasses also makes me retain water.  I have some thinking to do on how I want to handle those events.  I'm going to take it one at a time, starting with the holiday cocktail party.  Depending on how well my plan goes, that will determine my plan for Las Vegas, and so on and so forth.  It really is about finding balance, and not just allowing myself to use any excuse to go nuts, but at the same time, enjoying life. 
 
*Not her real name, but she does kinda have a stripper name, so I gave her a new stripper name.  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment