Sunday, November 13, 2011

284, 283- Funk

Yesterday I was deep in a funk, and didn't really move off the couch.  That is not how I want to live my life- feeling crappy for myself, ignoring chores, being sedentary, and wasting a day.  I was so consumed by the funk, I didn't even realize something was wrong with me until today.  I didn't have the energy to do anything- dishes sat in the sink, this blog went un-updated, it even hurt to lie on the couch.  


I slept in late today, woke up, and DECIDED to make today different.  I forced myself to get out of the house, I walked 1.5 miles (one way) to Starbucks, got coffee, and by the time I was 1/2 way through drinking it, I suddenly felt normal again.  I don't know if it was the exercise, the fresh air, the coffee, or the texting with great friends I was engaged in, but its like a switch flipped, and I was better.  I took myself across the street to Goodwill for some retail bargain hunting, and found 2 skirts and a sweater for under $20!  


My life is what I make of it.  If there is something that I don't like, I'm going to work to fix it.  Even if I have to fake excitement, or push myself to do something I don't want to do, I refuse to let myself feel sorry for myself on a couch watching Grey's Anatomy re-runs for an entire day ever again.  (Unless I'm hungover, ran a marathon the day before, or completed some other feat of greatness in productivity that warrants a day of absolutely nothing.)


The funny thing is, I love my life.  Yesterday was some crazy anomaly, might be the weather, or maybe I just needed a mental day off.  Perhaps this is what people mean when they say they "feel their feelings" instead of numbing them with food.  Come to think of it, I did used to spend many weekends baking and eating things, now that's not an option, so whatever is going on I feel it full force.  Hmm.  I'm going to have to take a few days to think about that and work on that theory.  


Meanwhile, the bottom line is I'm better today.  

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog. Good for you! Looking forward to reading more posts about your journey.

    ReplyDelete