Tuesday, November 15, 2011

281- Mid-Month Update


Week 2 down!  This month (year?) has been flying by.  I am continually amazed by how time can seemingly go by faster and faster each year.  I can't believe next week is Thanksgiving already.  At this rate, my 365 day challenge will be over tomorrow, and I'm going to be 73 years old in two weeks.
 
Progress Report on my Monthly Mini-goals:
Continue eating a paleo diet- YES.  This is...dare I say it...rountine now?  It requires very little thinking, but still quite a bit of planning. 
Continue to work on kipping swings at gym/increasing my dead hang hold time- Yes- I work on this 4x a week at the gym.  Its still going to be awhile before I get a kipping pull-up, but I'm practicing the movement for muscle memory
Work on one-legged squats daily- Yes- I have been working on this nearly daily.  One leg (the not sprained ankle leg) is so much stronger then the other.  My balance has improved by working on these for sure.
Take fish oil and vitamin D daily- Yes!  I've been SO much better about this.  Vitamin D is easier to take/remember because the pills are about 1/3 of the size, and I can take them whenever.  Fish Oil I have to make sure I take before a meal, so I don't get the dreaded fish burps, but I'm usually so excited to eat, I forget.  Plus the pills are gigantic.  Still working on this.
Have my first Paleo Thanksgiving- everything is on schedule for a Paleo Turkey Day next week! 
 
Jordan's Progress Report:
She e-mailed me last Thursday (before our normal Tuesday check-in) and informed me she was able to fit into a pair of shorts she hasn't worn in 2 years.  She also saw a low weight on the scale she hasn't seen since beginning to test Paleo, about a year ago.  She was beyond ecstatic.  Progress on her goals stalled out this week as life got in the way, but she assured me that checking in once a week and HAVING goals has made them more present, and therefore something she will work on. 
 
Oh, and I found a sucker (ha) to take December 1 - December 31st with me!  She is already involved in a challenge with her gym, but she welcomes the additional support because she's having a hard time getting motivated.  We've been sharing a few ideas, and WOW!  This chick is awesome, and has brought some great things to the table!  Can't wait to introduce you all to her in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment