Monday, November 7, 2011

289- Can't Force It

The older I get, the more I realize I'm not as in charge of my life as I think I am.  I notice anything I try to force, or feel strongly about generally does not go the way I push it and I'm always having to adjust my course, sometimes with great sadness or disappointment, other times gladly.  This is not a bad thing, it just takes some getting used to.  


Sure I can take steps in a direction of my choosing, but will I end up where I think I'm headed?  Nope.  Never.  I do however always manage to end up in a better place, whether I realize it at the moment or years later.  


So I'm going to go on doing what I can do everyday to make myself feel great (eating paleo and crossfitting!), but I'm going to quit trying to force life changes to happen at the wrong time (promotions, home buying, etc.), and just leave them up to whatever captain is steering my boat.  I suddenly feel so relieved.  
  



No comments:

Post a Comment