Saturday, November 19, 2011

277- Payback is a B%*#$

Before I did Crossfit, I let Jillian Michaels torture me.  I thought the 30-day shred was the hardest thing ever.  I couldn't do many push-ups (even on my knees), I had a hard time with the plank moves, and all the moves, actually.  But I still did it religiously because at that time I thought Jillian Michaels was bad ass.  


The airing of this video recently makes me beyond happy.  Here is Jillian, someone that used to beat the crap out of me struggling in probably one of the most simplistic Crossfit routines:


http://www.thedoctorstv.com/main/home_page?init_type=Feature&init_id=5302


In terms of my goals, I'm not where I want to be yet.  But watching Jillian, someone who is supposed to be so fit, and America's "weight loss guru" have a tough time lifting 65# off the ground, and above her head makes me pretty excited that I can do those things.  I can do those things and a lot more.  I still respect the crap out of her because I like her tough no-excuses attitude.  However, I definitely saw a whole new side to things when watching her look how I used to look doing her video after running through something that might be 1/2 my warm-up nowadays.


I hope the show the Doctors continues to promote Crossfit!  The shit works better then any Jillian video, Jillian is proof of that!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! Did you hear her? 'It's heavy!'. Damn right it's heavy. That's the point. :-)

    ReplyDelete