Monday, September 12, 2011

345- Sucker

I'm a lot of things, but a sucker is not one of them.  Just putting that out there.


Today is day 20 of sugar/grain/legume free.  Its so funny how time just passes no matter what you do.  In the beginning of this, each time I went to type the day I was on in the title spot, I felt like I was going nowhere.  Now, I'm like, wow, its been 20 days already?  I know its going to be the same thing when I get to day 1...wow, its been a year already?  I know this because that's how the last 32 years have been.


Monday is my day to go to the original gym.  At lunch, I looked up the workout online to see "Angie."  Damn, a girl workout.  Angie is: 100 pull-ups, 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, and 100 squats.  Wow.  Instead of a deep seated rumbling of fear like I usually get, I got EXCITED.  I wanted to nail this workout.


So I spent the rest of the day mentally preparing for it.  How I was going to break each segment down, where I would be strong, where I would be weak.  I got into the gym just to see the last class finishing up.  They looked pained, but I'd seen worse.  Times were about 20-30 minutes, so I knew I would be falling somewhere in that range.  


We made space for ourselves, found out pull-up bars, ab-mats, etc. and before the workout, the trainer asked me, "Violet, what is your time going to be?"  "23:40" I said.  I finished in 22:46.  Pretty damn close!  The workout was tough, but I surprised myself.  I felt stronger through the push-ups then I ever had.  My sit-ups were awesome, but squats (normally my best thing) were tough because of the ankle, I just powered through in a slow rhythm. 


The hardest part of my workout today was getting changed into my workout clothes.  For some reason, I couldn't get the light to turn on in the bathroom, so I had to finagle putting on running tights, 2 sports bras, and a shirt in the pitch black.  I felt like I was back in photography class trying to get my film out of my camera and onto that whole developing reel thing (anyone with me on that?)  Anyway, it was no small feat.  I managed to do it on the first try without anything going on backwards, so I consider that a major victory.  Although, depending on if I can move tomorrow or not, I might be revising my view of how hard the actual workout was. 



No comments:

Post a Comment