Ten Reasons to Own Your Own Chickens:
1) They are hilarious
2) They eat bugs. Lots of bugs.
3) They lay eggs.
4) They are low maintenance
5) They are the best entertainers for visiting kids ever
6) There is nothing more amusing then opening the back door and having 4 chickens race at you, thinking you are going to feed them regardless of how much food they currently have.
7) The eggs are REALLY REALLY good
8) They chase crows/stellar jays out of the yard
9) Maybe its just me, but it feels normal having chickens grazing in a back yard
10) The eggs are potentially excellent bartering tools