Thursday, December 29, 2011

263- Present to Myself

Ta-Da!  Isn't it the most gorgeous thing you've ever seen?  This is item #1 in what will hopefully one day be a fairly well rounded home gym.  I decided to start my collection with a kettlebell because this smaller-than-a-bowling-ball item packs a lot of punch for being a single item.  I know, I know, the first time I saw one, I was like, ok, so you swing it around.  Cool.  Clearly my imagination sucked. 


NOW I'm much more educated and I realize this single piece of equipment is so versatile, its nuts.  With this thing, I plan on using it for:
Kettlebell swings (American and Russian)
one-armed snatches
Goblet squats
Turkish get-ups
One armed overhead squats
Thursters
Presses
practicing my pistols
hand to hand swings
single leg dead lifts
bent over rows
weighted sit-ups
holding it during box jumps
whatever else I can think of or find on the internet for ideas...


While showing off some of my fancy kettlebell moves for the bf deluxe this morning, he looks at me and says "try not to kill any of the pets, ok?"  HAHHHAHAHAHA.  Silly bf deluxe.  

2 comments:

  1. Awesome choice, best wishes to you and your kettlebell! xx
    - Desperate Student

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...that was funny.:) I keep saying I'm going to get one of these, but haven't yet. May have to invest in one this month or next.

    ReplyDelete