Wednesday, December 21, 2011

245- Eventually I'll Get There

This year I was very conflicted about making my usual cookie offering and shipping it to the East Coast relatives.  I had all these wild ideas about making those mason jars of gluten free cookie mixes with instructions, or honey caramels, or homemade Larabars wrapped up in wax paper like little candies.  I no longer keep flour, sugar, brown sugar, or any of the other standard baking items on hand.  It took me quite awhile to rid my cabinets of it, and just when it was all gone, I had to go out and restock because I simply didn't have the time or energy to do something new.  


I had to go with what I know.  For 30 or so years, I know Christmas baking.  Gingerbread, fudge, macaroons, shortbread, sugar cookies, and the like.  Its important to have as many different textures and flavors as possible, you know, for variety.  


Eventually I want to get to a place where I don't cave in to what I know.  I want to make better treats, and feel good giving them out.  I don't care if anyone eats them or not, I will feel better knowing that I didn't contribute to someone's holiday weight gain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment