Wednesday, December 7, 2011

259- Looooong Day

Woke up at 3:30am so I could board a train at 5am headed from Vancouver, WA, to Bend OR.  My co-worker and I got to the yard at 4:45, and quickly learned we were no longer headed to Bend.  Our new destination was Pasco, WA.  Ick.  I was disappointed, but these are things I have no control over.  


Long story short, we decided not to go all the way to Pasco, but instead get off at Maryhill (stop close to the winery/museum) and head back to Vancouver, WA in the crew van.  We were supposed to arrive at Maryhill at 10:30am.  We arrived at 6pm.  Vancouver was a 2.5 hour drive.  The only thing I ate from 3:30am till 9:30pm was an apple and some almond butter, a chunk of cheese, a few natural pepperoni slices, and 3 pieces dark chocolate.  I drank plenty of water, and honestly, it was fine.  I didn't want to kill anyone or chew my arm off.  YAY PALEO FOR KEEPING MY BLOOD SUGAR EVEN!  


We then proceeded to the closest restaurant (happened to be a German spot) and ate like predators.  Ha!  We checked into our hotel in at 11:30pm.  A 20 hour day.  I've never slept so good. 


Here are some pics from my day (in reverse order)- as you can see, the views were well worth all the time delays.  I love my job.








No comments:

Post a Comment