Saturday, October 8, 2011

319- Airplanes

Everytime I fly, I play this ridiculous game where I grab both ends of the seatbelt, and without adjusting them, try to buckle it.  This of course, in my head is some indicator of whether or not I'm "fat."  It doesn't matter that the person before me could have been ginormous, or super petite.  I'm just gathering data, because in general, I fly a lot.  My thinking is that if I have to let the seatbelt out the majority of the time, I'm not doing so hot, size wise.  However, if I can buckle it without adjusting more often then not, I'm somehow "average."  Nuts, I know.

Anyway, today I was reminded of how awesome airports are.  I mean, where else in the world can you see so many different people from all walks of life, in one place, passing through?  I like to make up stories for the odd people I see...hawaiian shirt, tan, and flip flops? Just got back from a sunny place.  Sequin baseball hat, ridiculously oversized purse, and maybe a small dog?  Headed to Vegas.  The couple with the tiny baby in the carrier?  Going to see the grandparents for the first time.  This game keeps me entertained as I wait for my flight, during my flight, and when I make my way to the baggage claim via the longest walk through the terminal of people, bathrooms, and fast food restaurants. 

On an unrelated note, (I told you yesterday to expect nonsense...) I picked up some awesome deals at Banana Republic today!  I got 2 shirts and a pair of pants for $49!!! 

So, I'm in California visiting my mom this weekend before I go to a meeting for work next week starting Tuesday.  My mom is notorious for saying awesome stuff.  I've been here about 6 hours, and my favorite one so far?  We were in Macy's and we walked by the evening dresses.  My mom asks if I want to start looking for my sisters maid of honor dress.  So, as we are walking through the dresses, my mom says, "I want you to know, I'm going to look stunning at your wedding.  But don't worry, I'm not going to show you up or anything, I won't wear a bikini."  True story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment