Sunday, October 16, 2011

311- No Money= Creativity

Sometimes I go through kicks where I feel like I'm being super wasteful, and I force myself to use everything in the fridge and cupboards before I go shopping again.  After I did this a few times, I not only realized that I would shop better, and save money, but I came up with some REALLY good meals.  


Yesterday was no exception to this.  I needed to eat breakfast, but my normal breakfasty foods were not in the house.  Forcing myself to use everything in my fridge/cabinets before replenishing, I stared at the fridge for a good 5 minutes before I had a curious thought.  What if I used roasted squash in place of banana in my "Paleo Pancakes?"  I had egg, almond butter, so why not try squash?  


The result? Amazing!  Even better then the banana-egg-almond butter version!  I bet I could even use this same technique with pumpkin, or yam!  


Savory Delicata Squash Paleo Pancakes
1 small delicata squash roasted
1 egg 
1 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp coconut flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt


Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, if mixture is on the thicker side, thin it out with a little cream or coconut milk to get desired pancake consistency.  Cook in a buttered pan over medium low heat, just like regular pancakes.  Top with grass fed butter and berries.



No comments:

Post a Comment