Monday, October 17, 2011

310- Water

I nearly forgot about this little gem of a story until today as I was finishing up my 5th 10oz bottle of water.  When I was home last weekend, I was getting ready for bed on the first night.  It was 11 o'clock at night, and all I wanted to do was crawl into bed and sleep for hours.  I peeled back the comforter, and then from across the house, I heard my mom yelling my name.  


Anytime my mom yells my name from the other side of the house all the memories from when I lived in that house come rushing back- uh-oh, what did I do now?  Did I leave a dirty dish in the sink?  Was I supposed to get the clothes from the dryer?  Of course I yell back, and ask her what she wants.  "What have you had to drink today?"  "Drink some water.  You haven't drank enough today."  


What?  I'm 32.  My mom is making a big production about how much water I did or didn't drink at 11pm.  I wasn't thirsty.  I drank water all day, wasn't she watching me?   Its amazing how I can be away from my mom's house 99% of the year and not shrivel up from dehydration!

No comments:

Post a Comment