Sunday, August 14, 2011

Burying the Hat(cupcake)chet

Things I've learned about me:
- I need rules and structure
- My body has a severe sensitivity to carbohydrates/sugar
- I am addicted to sugar
- I like science/data/experiments
- I am capable of breaking my addiction
- I feel amazing when I avoid sugar and grains
- I am strong and can do anything I put my mind to
- I need to realize that people make huge sacrifices everyday, and me not being able to sugar and grains no huge sacrifice (comparatively)
- One year is not a long period of time

Do you see where this is going yet?

Oh, yes. I am embarking on a 365 day challenge with myself. 365 days of eating real food. 365 days of checking in here. 365 days of taking fish oil and vitamin D. 365 days of fighting the current "recommendations" of "health professionals." 365 days of putting coconut milk in my coffee. 365 days of glorious freedom from allergies. 365 days of smugness. Why? Because 30 day challenges are for pussies. I've already done a few 30 day challenges. I've done a 7 week challenge. One year is not that long.

Starting tomorrow, 8/15/11, and ending 8/15/12, I promise a daily update. It may not be long or even coherent, but I will post SOMETHING. There will be no posts justifying me eating crap, or about me "getting back at it." Its only one year. When/if things get hard, I will remind myself that I'm not doing anything heroic or even hard. Its just food, and its just one year.

1 comment: