Friday, August 26, 2011

362- Eating

Yesterday and today my appetite seems insatiable. I'm sure that its just my body adjusting to getting my energy from fat rather then carbs, but I feel its important to note in case some pattern begins emerging.

I'm kinda bummed to see the number 362 again, its like groundhog day, I felt like I was here a week ago. Oh, wait, I was. I don't even want to do the math to see what day I would be at had it not been for the Red Velvet Cake decision.

We had a catered lunch at work today with an incredibly tempting assorted cookie/bar dessert tray. The kind of dessert tray that in a previous day/month/life I would have gone crazy sampling each different type, and then sampling the ones I really liked over and over until I could no longer justify another bite. Today was different. I looked at the tray, said to myself, "there is nothing on that tray that won't be around in 361 days. I'll eat my strawberries." And that's what I did.

On that note, when did strawberries bought in the supermarket lose their flavor? I can remember being a kid and loving strawberries for the bold, tangy, sweet, deliciously textured taste. Now, they are kinda like watered down strawberry mush. Well, I guess I know what I'll be growing in my yard next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment