Monday, August 29, 2011

359- Sanyodukousi

My boss comes into my cubicle today, and says "ever hear of Sanyodukousi*?" I turn around from the spreasheet I'm working on and say "um, nope." So he goes on to explain how it some sort of Japanese stretch that aides in weightloss and asthmatics. Then he proceeds to demonstrate how to do the stretch (like he read in the article) and say that in woman, it produced phenomenal weight loss results. Then leaves my cubicle.

There are a couple of different ways I could have taken this:
1) be offended
2) be thankful for the new information
I chose #2. I don't really make my diet/exercise public information here by blabbing about it to everyone and anyone that will listen, but actions always speak louder then words. Afterall, I converted my desk to a standing desk, recently I started leaving for an hour at lunch to go to the gym, and I have been avoiding the catered desserts at work. Again. If that does scream "someone's trying to lose weight!" I don't know what does.

Am I going to spend the time and explain to my boss that I'm not trying to lose weight persay? No. I just found it interesting (and can't blame him) that the assumption was made by him based on my actions. I mean, what would you think if you saw an overweight person working out, drinking water, and eating bacon smeared with guacamole for breakfast?

*I forget the real word, but it started with an "s" and was Japanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment