Thursday, September 30, 2010

Boys are Gross

This week has been a whirlwind of busy. I can't say I'm not to blame, because I'm the queen of procrastinating, but seriously, I need there to be two Fridays this week. Or two Thurdays (today?! yikes!). I'm leaving town on Saturday morning, and when I arrive back in Seattle on Tuesday, my mom will be with me, seeing my house for the first time.

I'm sure everyone is familiar with "the mom clean." You know, the one you ONLY do when you know your mom is coming up? Because she raised you good? Last time she was visiting and I still lived in my condo, I caught her running a long spatula under my stove, past where the broom can reach (presumably looking for dust bunnies?) She says she dropped one of her vitamins down there...but I'm skeptical. Luckily, I passed that test with flying colors (boyfriend is a great mom cleaner).

The mom clean can be daunting enough as it is, however I decided that there were some nice little projects I wanted done around the house before she came up. Things like, tiling the bedroom, painting the bedroom, painting the front door, etc. Well, somehow those all got pushed to this week as well. That's enough to do if you don't count my job (boss really likes to pile it on before a vacay), my homeowner association duties (the monthly meeting has to fall this week), gym time (didn't miss a day), and all the other little errands I need to do before I leave (shopping, haircut, etc.)

So yeah, slammed. However, as Saturday quickly approaches, I realize there is only so much I can do. In true to my style, I decide to throw another monkey into the wrench, or wrench into the monkey? I bought a refrigerator on Tuesday. It will be delivered the same day my mom and I are arriving (after our 2nd day of driving from San Francisco). It was such a good deal, I couldn't pass it up. But even fridge buying takes up precious time I didn't have. I sacrificed a trip to the hardware store that only sells the cabinet pulls we have. We need 12 more pulls, and the store has been out of stock for weeks, and the best they can do is say "just keep stopping by to see if they are in."

So, I buy the fridge, and realize I have an hour and a half to kill before a homeowners meeting that is right around the corner. I don't want to go back home, so I decide to take a walk around Greenlake, which is close. I had my gym clothes in the car from the morning, and was wearing a shirt with a sweater over it, I could just take my sweater off and be ready to walk.

I pull my running tights on under my skirt in the parking lot, and take my skirt off. I take my sweater off, and tie up my shoes. I start walking down around the lake, and about 10 steps in, a man was running towards me. He was just staring at me. Well, not at me, but at my breasts. That's when I remembered. The shirt I was wearing was kinda sheer, and although it was dark purple in color, in the daylight I bet my boobs made the shirt pull forward enough to be see-through! I immediately turned around, went to my car and put my t-shirt from my morning workout on over the sheer shirt. I'm SO glad that guy had the courtesy to stare me down when I was only 20 feet from my car.

I'm more grossed out by the fact that just by the look on his face I could tell that he could see through my shirt. Boys are gross. Ok...break time over. Back to work.

3 comments:

  1. Well at least you found out about the sheer shirt early on. Plus you got to make that guy's day :)

    Remember this next time you girls have a Diet Coke break. We'll have no double standards here :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOooooo!!!! Congrats on everything!

    ReplyDelete