Friday, September 17, 2010

Can't. Straighten. Arms.

Crossfit is the last thing I think about before falling asleep, and the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning. I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that anytime I MOVE I am reminded of Crossfit? I am not complaining one bit. I love it. I love feeling like my workouts have done something. I love feeling like I am getting stronger everyday.

Because I have a health/fitness blog, I read a lot of health/fitness blogs. Because I eat Paleo, I read a lot of low-carb/Paleo blogs. The sharing of ideas and creativity that takes place on the internet is something to be in awe of. I have been reading about people using spaghetti squash as a low-carb alternative to noodles for quite some time now. By nature, I'm a skeptic.

Last weekend, I happen to walk by a squash display (summer is clearly over) and somehow a spaghetti squash found its way into my cart. It proceeded to sit on my counter for days...I knew it was there, I just wasn't sure I was ready to take the plunge. What if it wasn't good? It seems like so much WORK. Squash? For noodles? Bwahahahahahah....

Luckily I have a boyfriend that does not share the same fears of cooking things that I do. I came home last night to the most complex/fancy paleo meal I have had to date:
All natural boneless pork chops with savory peach sauce, roasted cauliflower, and spaghetti squash. O.M.G.

I absolutely loved, LOVED the squash. I see so many uses for it in the near future...I will try it with a tomato based meat sauce, I will try it soup (the new chicken noodle?) and perhaps a cold noodle salad? Yum!



I can't wait for lunch today. And I can't wait for Crossfit after work because we are running sprints. I CAN DO THAT! Thank god because my arms need a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment