Monday, September 6, 2010

And So it Begins...

In approximately 3.5 hours, I will be participating in my very first Crossfit workout. Excited? Yes. Nervous? Yes. Ready? Yes. The best feelings in life come from us pushing ourselves past previous limits, and discovering we are capable of more than we knew possible.

I dropped by the Crossfit location by my work (the one I would be potentially joining) just to check it out and get a feel for the place. It was pretty much exactly what I expected...a rented out space in an industrial type area, with a big garage door open exposing sweaty people, boxes, kettlebells, bars, a GIGANTIC truck tire, etc. I went in, and found an empty front reception area, so I walked back to where the people were. A group of very fit men looked at me, and I asked who I could speak to about joining. One guy stepped forward, and gave me a nice run down of the facility, what they do, etc.

He said to stop by on Monday for a free week trial. He said that the class sizes are small. About 20 minutes is spent learning the correct way to do the moves demonstrated by trainers, and then the workouts last 15-20 minutes. I like the sound of that!

I know once things get going I will be fine. I've never liked the feeling of being new, and unsure of how things will go. It's only a one week trial, so if it isn't a good match, then I can make other arrangements.

I'll be back later to let you know how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment