Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tuesday Becomes Wednesday

In case you haven't noticed, I've been toying with different templates for my blog. My original template was nice, but I felt it was too...elementary. I am really on a blue/brown kick right now, so this is the way its going to be for now. Sorry Claire and Lea!

I shifted the workout schedule I made on Monday ahead one day, since I didn't end up working out on Monday evening. So, as far as workouts, Monday became Tuesday, and Tuesday became Wednesday (you get the point). Today I ran Greenlake. Tomorrow I will be doing my track workout. Friday will no longer be a rest day since I took Monday off.

My run today was not my best, and really in confirmed my suspicions that I have not been running enough for my 1/2 marathon training. I think it has been at least 2 weeks since I last ran around the lake, and that is unacceptable. It was evident in every step I took today. It was as if each of my legs weight 1,000 pounds. My lungs felt fine, my legs were just SO heavy. I had to stop briefly (and I do mean briefly, under 1 minute) two separate times. I think the breaks were more for my mental focus then my body actually needed them.

Perhaps a crappy run today is exactly what I need to push ahead further. I DO NOT want to ever have a run like the one I had today again. How do I prevent that? Run more. Eat less. Keep doing what I know is right for my body.

Despite the difficulty of the run, I feel great now. I always feel great after I run. I feel great because even though I woke up a little later then I should have, I still ran instead of choosing to go into the office. I was late to work. I feel great because I didn't let any excuses stop me from sticking to my plan of running around Greenlake this morning. The sun was out shining. I had clean clothes to wear. I feel great because I think I knew somewhere deep down that the run today was going to be hard, and I did it anyway. Usually when I know something is going to be hard, I find a way around it. That is not a behavior that is going to keep me successful, in anything I do. Ever.

On another note, 6 days until we close on the house. I think we found a renter for the condo yesterday, so that means I can start getting excited for real! I just hope nothing delays closing...these 30 days have been soooo long.

1 comment: