Friday, January 1, 2010

The Waiting....

Tom Petty sure had it right. The waiting (WAY-aaaa-ting) is the hardest part. Ever since I began my freshman year of high school, I'm amazed how each year manages to go by faster than the previous. Well, I JUST figured out how to make each day go by painstakingly slow, in turn making the week drag on, so slow I can't even see this month passing...

What did I do? I finally started eating correctly and exercising. Four days has never gone by so slow. I only believe in a once a week weigh-in, so waiting for this week to pass to see if all I'm doing is working is practically torture.

I know I should just be satisfied with the great changes I have made thus far (all four days of 'em) and continually remind myself that this is not short-term, this is a way of life. To me, that is like going to work and not getting paid. I need to get paid, or I'm going to quit, because we all know that being unemployed is soooo much better then getting up and going to work. Sleeping in...daytime tv...no one telling you what to do....but wait. You have no money. Light bulbs are going off.

Ok. I get it. The attitude that being unemployed is better than working is what got me here in the first place. As much as I would like to quit my real job, I never would because work is what responsible, healthy people do. Work gives me a routine, social outlets, money, stories, etc. And my boyfriend doesn't make enough money to support me, ha (I really wouldn't want him to anyway).

Yet another metaphor for my body. I need to go to work and have faith that one day I will get paid. Even if that day is 1, 3, or 5 years from now. Sigh. Back to waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment