Monday, January 25, 2010

Reality Check

I got cocky. I fooled myself into thinking that I was on top of things since I had lost 9 pounds over the past 3 weeks, and let my guard down. I gained one pound today at my normal Monday weigh-in. I'm not going to sugar-coat things or go into denial about how I could be obtaining more muscle mass, or how hormones might be a factor this week.

The simple truth is I ate more calories last week then I burned. I can think of every single calorie I ate last week that was a step backwards for me, and consciously made the decision to eat it. Why? Cause I was unstoppable! I had lost 9 pounds, and therefore figured everything out! Never mind I had spent the last 3 years making poor decisions and fooling myself, I completely erased those behaviors in 3 weeks!

In comes the REALITY CHECK. The scale does not like cocky. The scale likes hard work. I am not invincible to weight gain after 3 weeks of eating healthy. Instead of getting upset and using this as an excuse to continue to make bad decisions, I'm going to use it as fuel to get back on track.

I upped my morning workout by 5 minutes this morning to 45 minutes. I am eating my 1/2 grapefruit right now. I will be having salad for dinner. I have 3 weeks of data showing me what works, and 988 weeks of data on what doesn't work. I was really hoping to get a loss of 10 pounds under my belt, but that will have to wait. Eight pounds in 4 weeks is fantastic, but I know I can do better.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't weigh myself but last weekend was definitly a cave weekend after a lot of eating healthy. Need to stick to the life change. BTW Thanks for running with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime, I'm sure Greenlake missed us! Yeah, after I weighed myself today, I thought cupcake...dim sum...tamales...fuck! Back on track today though.

    ReplyDelete