Wednesday, February 8, 2012

222- Small Tweeks

If you've been paying attention for a few weeks now, you may have noticed that I've been making small tweeks to my life.  I am currently on a coffee hiatus- don't want to say I've given it up, but as of now, I'm not drinking it, and I don't miss it.  A few weeks ago I started trying to get one gallon of water in me a day.  About a week ago I mentioned that I was going to be changing up the way that I ate, and adding in supplements.


At the end of the month, I'll do a full wrap up of the program I've been following as far as when to eat, how much to eat, etc.  I don't want to jinx anything, but things are going really well.  I have good mental clarity, cravings are non-existent, and I'm losing weight.  Water it might be, but it still feels good to flush out my system with a full gallon of water a day.  


The bf deluxe is kind of annoyed by my new rules- leaner cuts of meat and less (practically no) salt.  But, I told him I feel good, and he's supportive.  Today during a text conversation, he was asking what the "rules" were for dinner, and I told him.  Then I texted "I'm going to be hot!"  To which he responded "I like you the way you are."  I thanked him, and said "there are more things I want to be able to do that I can't right now."  At the same time, our texts would have crossed in mid-air if that's how they worked, we said "yeah, like if I (you) slipped on a ledge and needed to pull myself (yourself) up."  This of course started a contest back and forth coming up with events in  which I would need to be able to perform a pull-up.  All of them were very realistic and pertinent to my life...like if I were to find myself hanging off a helicopter skid, or the side of a skyscraper.  


So yes, until I can be confident that I'm ready for any scenario a movie with Bruce Willis can throw at me, I'm going to keep tweeking the way I do things and reporting the outcomes here. 


In other news, tomorrow concludes Week #1 with Challenge Buddy!  I'll have a full wrap up of our first week coming soon.  







2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'd be dead if I had to hang off a helicopter skid or some such thing. Although since I'm acrophobic it's entirely possible I'd have an aneurysm or a heart attack before I hit the ground. So I guess that's good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, you're doing stellar on getting the veggies in. Rumour has it there's a mushroom in my future but other than that I'm more or less just made of meat.

    ReplyDelete