Monday, August 16, 2010

Skinny Jeans, 3 Pounds, and Near Heat Exhaustion

What possibly could these items have in common? They sum up my weekend, although not necessarily in that order:

Friday- I was the only one in the office all day, and naturally that led me begin my weekend a little bit early. I decided to hit the mall on the way home with a set list of staples I need to add to my wardrobe. Jeans was top priority since I mentioned before that I could now remove one pair of jeans without unbuttoning them. I really love it when jewliagoulia and exhotgirl do shopping/dressing room photos, so I took a page from their books, and did my own. I made a pact with myself before going that I could only spend $100, and everything that I bought had to be on sale. Oh, and from now on, I'm only buying quality clothes...no more Old Navy or Target (sans workout clothes) for me. After a short stint in Victoria's Secret, and Banana Republic, I was at $80 spent- no jeans yet (but 5 new undies, a cardigan, and a skirt!). So I walked into trusty ole GAP and was disappointed to see no jeans on sale. I tried these on:
Straight leg jeans...I'm really attached to boot cut, but straight/skinny jeans are everywhere. I was kinda "meh" about these, especially at the $69.50 price tag! I walked out, and was headed home, but then Ann Taylor Loft caught my eye. I headed for the sale rack, found a pair of jeans on sale, then walked more around the store to find a whole slew of jeans at $20 off! $20 off $59! A whole $30 cheaper than GAP. So I tried on a pair of "skinny jeans" expecting to hate them. Here they are:
I liked them! They were like a constant leg-hug. I decided to get them, even though it would put me at $20 over budget.

Record breaking heat was forecasted for the weekend, so I made sure to wake up early on Saturday and get my run in before the heat struck. I had a really nice hill run, I felt light and strong the whole way. It was 8:30am and already 80 degrees. For Seattle, this is rare...from the time I got back from my run until 6pm, I was moving (read: sweating) non-stop. Grocery shopping, dishes, laundry, vacuuming, errands, 4 hours of yard work at the condo, and a bbq (I was cooking, read: sweating more). By 7pm I was spent. I took the nicest shower of my life, and proceeded to zone out in front of the TV watching Arrested Development re-runs. Despite the weariness, I felt awesome. I also think I drank nearly a full gallon of water during the day.

Sunday I was not able to get my run in early (in-law visit). The temperature was supposed to be even hotter than Saturday's 92 degrees. I headed out for my run as soon as I could 1:30pm...wearing very little clothing. It was an interval workout day, so I headed to the High School track, a perfect 5 minute jog from my house. I was figuring in my head that the hottest time of day in Seattle is 5pm, so I should still be ok...it was maybe 85 out? I ran one lap around the track (I was planning on 5) and wow, it was hot. I started on my second lap, and something told me I should stop. So I spend the next 20 minutes running/walking just listening to my body as far as how much to push. I ran the whole 5 minutes home, and felt odd as I lay on the floor under the ceiling fan. I didn't start sweating until I was under the fan for at least 5 minutes. Normally that would be the time I stop sweating...not start. Oops. I drank a bunch of water, and felt better after 30 minutes or so (I was still sweating after 30 minutes of rest). When I turned on the news later, I discovered it was well over 90 degrees at 1pm. Oops.

This morning I woke up to a three pound loss. It is entirely possible that I sweated off 3 pounds this weekend alone in 90+ temperatures. Whatever. Three pounds is three pounds!

3 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention that you had to have the sales lady bring you a smaller size lol! :) Yay for skinny jeans!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's always great to find an awesome deal that you like!

    stay away from that heat too...it's killing my runs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the skinny jeans on you! They look great! Congrats on the 3 lb loss!

    ReplyDelete