Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Roof is on Fiya!

Yesterday at work, just as 3:00pm rolled around, and I realized I was over work for the week...I was granted a break? I received a phone call that the condo building I used to live in was on fire! I am still an owner of a unit (I rent it out) and am on the homeowners association board (secretary). My day quickly turned from blah, to OMG! Fire!


This is a shot one of the 1,000 hovering helicopters took of the action.

I left work a little early, drove to the condo site to give support to the other board members on site, and was greeted by a party. Wine...snacks...firemen...Things deteriorated quickly. I was having a great time however, drank wine like I should drink water, and passed the time as the locksmith and other various investigators worked in the best way possible. There were people working on the building until 11pm. I got to the building at 5:30...yeah, I was not in a state to make good decisions. Somehow pizza got ordered. I had some. Pizza?! Two days this week!

Needless to say, I'm not expecting any sort of loss this week. For a night of wine with girls and pizza? I'm ok with that. I know what I need to do to get back on track. I know as long as I don't keep allowing these events to become frequent, I will be ok.

I spent a good chunk of today digging in the yard. I've cured my hangover with bacon. No one was hurt. The building will be fine. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment