Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm a Cliche, I Know,

Yesterday, something odd happened. I came to work, ate my breakfast as normal, had a pretty busy day, and by 4 o'clock I realized that the only thing I had eaten for 'lunch' was 1/2 of an apple and some almond butter. The apple was the size of a baby's head, but still.

So I started thinking about this event. Perhaps I need to jump on the 'intuitive eating' bus. Lol (that's me laughing at me being a cliche rather than the practices of intuitive eating). I think there is a lot to be said about listening to your body versus eating out of routine, boredom, whatever. I also think that I wouldn't have been able to practice any sort of intuitive eating had it not been for me eliminating all the foods that were causing problems inside me. Now that I have my insulin spikes under control, perhaps I am in a better position to accurately gauge what my body really needs?

Maybe I need to re-adjust my brain/eyes/ideas about what is the right amount of food for me to be eating. I already know that I eat way less food then prior to Paleo. However, I don't really pay much attention to myself during the process of eating. Could I be stopping sooner? Can I go longer between meals? I guess I can add this to the list of experiments I will be putting my body through.

I went to Target the day before yesterday and got myself one of those cute little running skirts. Target has some adorable workout clothes right now. I also walked away with 2 new tanks, and an awesome tie-dyed sports bra. I haven't had a chance to hit the streets in my new duds yet. I'm anxious to see if the running skirt lives up to all the hype...I keep seeing rave reviews for them. Unqualified product review coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. I have 2 running skirts I bought from Target and I love them! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your review...I could REALLY use some new cute workout clothes :)

    ReplyDelete