Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ready. Set. Gone.

I FINALLY got my ass to move yesterday. The eight day spell of no exercise was finally broken. All in all it wasn't so bad. I was able to knock out a non-stop 30 minute treadmill run, in the immensly stuffy-hot YMCA, while trying not to crap my pants the whole time. I think I could have gone farther/for longer had it not been for the indoor nature of a treadmill run, and the additional amount of effort I was putting forth to save myself from embarrassment.

I woke up early to hit the gym again this morning for speedwork, but then remembered a bunch of stuff I had to get done before 9am at work. I'm having people over to the house tonight, and can't stay at work late. I will make it up tomorrow at the gym for sure. The 1/2 marathon is creeping up faster then I would like. Even though I'm better off this year than I was last year, I'm still not exactly where I had hoped to be.

This month before the race will be put to good use. I work best when I have deadlines, I become more efficient. I have sort of been stuck in "maintenance" mode the past month (or 2 months), but I need to kick it back into "losing" mode. Ready. Set. Gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment