Monday, December 13, 2010

Trying Not to Dwell

Remember how when I began this whole Paleo thing, I said there were foods I would never be able to eat again, EVER? Remember how I was ok with that? I was. I really was. I knew it then, and I know it now, eating right (for me) is an "all in" activity. I can not be good 80% of the time. 80% quickly becomes 70%, then 50%...

Part of my problem has been not catching this downward spiral fast enough. Another part of the problem I realized is that certain foods really F with my body and brain, and by eliminating them from my diet, I can continue to make the best choices with ease.

Today I'm doing a few things: 1) I am catching myself before I fall, 2) I'm not going to dwell over the past few weeks poor choices, and 3) I'm making a serious effort to continue to better my Paleo effort.

After all, eating Paleo is something that I want, and something that I figured out makes me nearly super-human. It is going to take some practice for me to really get that solidified in my head. Bear with me. I will have months of great Paleo success and days of screwing it up. One day, hopefully, the latter will become fewer and farther between.

No comments:

Post a Comment