Monday, December 27, 2010

My Deepest Apologies!

I hadn't realized until it was brought to my attention yesterday by a fellow blogger (thank you Ann) that I haven't posted anything in well over a week. I took last week off of work, and I normally do my blogging at work, so that might have had something to do with it. I took the week off because the boyfriend and I were traveling to California to visit my family for the holiday. Last week was a whirlwind of Christmas shopping, mailing cards/packages, cooking, packing, traveling, visiting, and squeezing the most into each day.

The past few weeks have been inconsistent, to say the least. The scale has been all over the place, my eating has had moments of brilliance, and moments of WTF. I haven't felt very strong in some of my crossfit workouts, where in others I feel like I've come so far. I am so happy that the holiday season is coming to an end. I prefer a more calm, predictable life, at least while I'm trying to overhaul my eating and exercise patterns. Just a few more days and the parties will be over, the excess treats will be gone, and a new year will be here.

Last week, in the days before I headed to California, I knew I had to be a Paleo rock star for a few reasons 1) drop the bloat I had obtained in the past few weeks, 2) make my allergies disappear, and 3) so it would be easier to continue eating well while on vacation. One week ago, the scale was up 6 pounds from the lowest weight I've achieved in this journey. In the two days before heading to California, I was great. In California, home for 4 days of holiday celebrations and meals, I ate the best I could. Over the course of 4 days, I did allow myself two pieces of sourdough bread (there is nothing like San Francisco sourdough), a piece of chocolate cream pie, a piece of apple pie, and a few random chocolate balls. Other then that, I was meat and veggies. Today? The scale was down 3 pounds from last week.

I don't think I've ever gone home for a Christmas and come back weighing less then I did before going. I'm pretty excited about that.

Other things on my mind include that in one week, I start my new job. Historically, things that disrupt my routine cause a set-back in my eating/exercise plans. My routine is definitely going to change next week. I'm going to have to figure out what works for me, and figure it out fast to minimize any down time. I'm going to be waking up 2 hours earlier (6am). I'm going to be commuting on the bus. In the evening, after work, and after my bus ride home, I'll hop into my car and drive 20 minutes north in traffic (making it a 40 minute drive) to crossfit, for the 7pm class. I'll get home around 8:30pm. There is no way that this is not going to change things for me!

I'm hoping that I can find a way to eat good, clean, meals and Crossfit 4-5 days a week seamlessly as I start my new job. I'm hoping that new job adrenaline, and the start of the new year power me through the tough moments until I do settle into a nice routine.

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday, and please, please! Don't beat yourself up if you feel your health plans went off track. Today is a new day. Use it.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it!!!! Do you think the trainers at Crossfit could put together an 'at home' workout for those days when you really aren't able to make the drive?

    ReplyDelete