Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Half Weigh Point



That's right, I had bacon wrapped avocado for breakfast. My 30 day Paleo Challenge is half way over. Well, half way over if I decide to stop eating like our ancient relatives on July 1st. If I feel the way I do today on June 30th, I will not be stopping. The past 15 days have been beyond eye opening for me.

I never thought it was possible to feel this way. ALL. THE. TIME. I never thought my skin could look so good. I never thought my body could change shape so fast. I never thought that food would stop being in the forefront of my mind. I never thought that I would be sitting with plates of food I used to LOVE in front of me and not give them a second though. I never thought I wouldn't feel deprived. I never thought my allergies would disappear after a week. I never thought I would stop having cravings. I never thought this would come so easily. I never thought I would ever think of fruit as being "too sweet."

So, yeah. As of right now, I don't see any reason for stopping. I lost 2 pounds last week, and I feel so good about that. I'm not comfortable losing more than 2-3 pounds a week, to me, any more than that is scary. If eating Paleo actually causes the reactions in my body that it claims to, the weight I lose should be mostly or all fat. If I were eating a typical American diet and just restricting my calories and exercising more, my loss would be comprised of a combination of lean muscle mass and fat. I do not want to lose any lean muscle mass.

The half-marathon is a little more than one week away. Yikes! I'm very excited to see how the changes in my body affect my performance (if at all). I also decided to sign up for a race in California in October to run with some of my very best friends and supporters. By October I could be dangerous, look out!

No comments:

Post a Comment