Monday, November 1, 2010

Sprint to the Finish

Here we are, November 1st. There are a nice round 60 days until the new year. I like nice round numbers as much as I like being able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. For some reason, I do my best work when I'm out of time. I am a procrastinator through and through. So here's the thing:

Today marks 5 months since I went Paleo. The last 2 months I haven't lost any weight. I also started CrossFit 2 months ago, and in that 2 months, I was relatively Paleo...it really reminds me of how I was back in June. I began Paleo and stopped exercising. Then, after 3 months of awesome life changing eating and no exercise, I added in CrossFit, and my eating went downhill.

I need to pull the two forces together for optimum performance. So, for the next nice round 60 days, I will be back on the wagon. No sugar. No grains. No dairy. No legumes. I will not be taking as many of my "Paleo liberties" with items such as larabars, beef jerky, dried fruits, organic dark chocolate, occasional 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee, all natural sausages, etc. Those items are fine in a pinch, but the last two months, there have been lots of pinches.

For the next 60 days I will continue to Crossfit 5 days a week.

What I would like to accomplish:
This time, I'm going to take measurements of body parts to keep me further accountable. I will post the results at the end of 60 days. I would also like to make it to my initial goal of 62 pounds gone, which means losing another 21 pounds. That is going to be near impossible, so lets just say, if I lose ANY weight in the next 60 days I will be happy, because losing 41 pounds so far this year has been a huge accomplishment. Oh, and at the end, or somewhere within the next 60 days I would like to be able to get my toes to the bar (see last post for video).

I realize that within the next 60 days, Thanksgiving and Christmas fall. I'm not worried about this because I know once I'm free of sugar for a few weeks, food becomes a non-issue to me. I also know I feel so much better, stronger, when I'm giving my body meat, veggies, and healthy fat. I'm really excited to see what my body can do. Here I go...sprint to the finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment