Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Sweet Spot

I have officially reached what I like to call "the sweet spot." After 2 weeks of clean eating (no refined foods, no added sugar, no grains, no legumes, very little dairy) and NO CHEATS, I have persevered past the headaches, cravings, and hunger. How do I know when I reach the sweet spot? I no longer think or care about food. It just becomes something I do because I know I should instead of an exciting event. I can look at sugary delicious treats and not even want them. Most of all, I can go for HOURS without eating and not be grouchy, wanting to rip someone's head off.

Getting here is not easy, but once here, its SO worth it. What else happens when I'm in the sweet spot? Its like all the stars in my universe align. Good things just start happening. I feel better, stronger, smarter, funnier, prettier, faster, and every other "er" there is.

Like yesterday, I was at the gym, and all of a sudden I was able to do double unders (jumping rope passing the rope under twice with each jump). I've been trying to do those for 6 months. Also, my toes are so close to getting to the bar, someone actually commented on how much progress I have made. In addition, I am now strong enough to do pull-ups with a giant rubber band. I did 65 band assisted pull-ups on Tuesday, and I'm still so sore in places I didn't know I had...proof that I was using something new with the pull-ups that needs to get stronger. Its weird how sometimes you have to get stronger to get a better work out.

Anyway, I was so truly flattered by how this person noticed all the progress I have made since day one, it has been a huge motivator to stay on track. I want to win this nutrition challenge, but I also want to continue to see what the universe has in store for me as I continue to hang out in the sweet spot.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the double-unders!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! And...you have def helped me with rowing! Hope you win the challenge...and take a nice vacay with the $!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could just get to that spot....I have a hard time getting thru the first 3 days...if I could do that, then maybe I could make it thru the rest. I may try again...

    Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete