Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Secrets, secrets

The truth on my sporadic, near silence the past few months is I've been keeping a secret. I have been writing posts, just haven't been publishing them. Just as I felt I was running out of things to talk about, life smacked me with a great big bag of material (heh). There are only so many times/so many ways I can say the same things over and over- eat real foods, find a way to move your body that works for you and still find things to post about. What works for me is boring, and who wants to read about boring? I practically fall asleep typing my daily eats and workouts!

Lately, specifically the past oh, 3 months or so, posts have been flying off my fingertips. I'm sure this new direction will bore some to death (sorry Norma!) and possibly attract others. But anyone that's been reading me for awhile knows I only write for me.

If you haven't figured it out by now...you're dumb. Ha, just kidding. I'm making a human. At least, that's what pee/blood/ultrasound tests say. Since I haven't felt it move yet (13ish weeks along) my head hasn't fully grasped it yet. My body for sure knows something is off, but the head...the head hasn't caught on yet. The more times I say it out loud, it gets a little more real, but it still sounds like a voice that isn't mine when I talk about it.

So, I haven't decided how I'm going to change things on this space yet, but I do feel like I need a separate page or link to my pregnancy related posts. It was my intention to eat as nutritionally sound as possible and keep up my crossfit schedule from day one to day 280-whatever...so I have posts typed up about how that went. I also would like to share how I went from never wanting kids to...having a kid. Etc., etc. Like I said, so much material. I'm excited for this next phase of my life!



8 comments:

  1. Congrats!! I am actually interested to read your coming posts... I plan to make a human in the next year or two (after my wedding) and am nervous about how it will all go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. zOMG and Congratulations!!! Hey, I may have BTDT but I am still supportive of my humans constructing other humans and I will be following you right along. Do not expect to feel movement until 16 weeks at the earliest, and probably more like 18 weeks. Then it will be non-stop!

    Just don't let your impending motherhood dull that rapier wit, Violet. I count on you to make me look not so evil, you know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not feel baby until week 20. Placenta was up front. So happy for you. :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Violet! I just happened to randomly check blogs today and saw your news! And...I did not feel any kicking until after 20 weeks!

    ReplyDelete