Friday, April 26, 2013

Prego Dreams

Pregnant dreams are crazy. I've been enjoying these vivid stories pretty much since before I knew knew that I was pregnant- it was one of the many little things that tipped me off. Last night was particularly funny/memorable to me.

The husband and I were at the Facebook headquarters for some reason, I think maybe just as tourists because in my dream the building was this crazy enclosed atrium with a food court. We were sitting in the food court, and I looked over and saw "The Facebook Cafe" written in all the FB colors and fonts and stuff. After I bit, I noticed everyone coming away from the cafe with hotdogs. This made me really want a hotdog. So the hubs and I went up to the counter and were looking at the menu. I declared I wanted a FB hotdog (that was the menu name) and apparently they were special somehow. The hubs told me "no." He said I could not have a hotdog while pregnant. I looked at the other menu items, and the only other thing on the menu was waffles. Hotdogs and waffles. I didn't want a waffle because I haven't been wanting any sweets lately.

I proceeded to throw a fit in front of my husband, to which he reached out, touched my stomach and told me to calm down. "We can go outside to the waterfront and get whatever you want." So then we walked outside to some brick facaded waterfront in some undeterminable city searching for a more appropriate restaurant for a pregnant woman.

This dream cracks me up. But most memorable is how easily and completely my husband was able to calm me in the midst of my "me pregnant want food" fit. Also, who knew that FB was so into hotdogs and waffles?

Lately our workouts at CrossFit have been on the short side, but involving heavy lifting. One particular trainer is very keen on "adding a little bonus" to whatever the written workout is, so we go in there thinking that we are going to be doing one thing, and then at the end the trainer announces MORE stuff we have to do. I have a love/hate relationship with this type of training. I like to know what I'm getting into ahead of time, yet at the same time, its good for me to be pushed outside of my comfort zone. I'm still trying to do as much as possible at the gym, just using lower weights then I might normally use, and taking more frequent breaks. I was pretty excited yesterday to accidentally hit a PR with my military press. I certainly wasn't trying for a PR, but looking back over my notes, the last time I tried for a 5 rep max military press, I got 75#, and yesterday I did 80# for 5!
I gotta keep the arm strength up for carrying around the little squirt.

1 comment:

  1. I had a couple of bizarre, vivid dreams in the last 8 or so weeks of my first pregnancy. Don't remember having any dreams during the second one; I suppose I was so sleep deprived and exhausted and brain-dead that I just shut down any chance I got!

    ReplyDelete