Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I'm Sorry Horse, I Know You Are Dead

Beating dead horses is what I do. I have a hard time letting things go sometimes. I am working on this, and have made huge gains in that realm. However, my stubborness gets the better of me, and occasionally I have to continue to prove my point, long after the proverbial horse is, well, dead.

This...journey...this blog...this...whatever you want to call it, is not just about weight loss. Its about my overall health. Mental, Physical, Spiritual, and whatever else falls out of whack. I'm smart enough to know that losing weight is not some cure-all to everything that ails me. I do believe that my tendencies to eat more food then I should, or eat foods that have no nutritional value whatsoever are symptoms of problems/habits that need to be uncovered and unlearned. This is a timely process, and there will be set backs.

As I have mentioned before, I do not know what is different about this time, and I will not know for awhile if this time is in fact different. All I know is the effort that I'm putting forth is greater than previous times. I'm building a strong foundation on which to stand tall. I'm not simply searching for a way to lose weight fast, because its not about the weight loss. That's where I kept going wrong before.

I am interested in living. I'm interested in feeling the best that I can possibly feel. I'm interested in body chemistry. I'm interested in being an athlete. I'm interested in not getting cancer or diabetes or any other weight/insulin related diseases. I'm interested in anything that can help me achieve these goals. After 5 months of searching, I found the Paleolithic diet. Call it extreme, call it unsustainable, call it a fad, that is your choice.

Please do one thing for me- do not undermine my attempts at getting healthy because it is not the path you chose. In fact, I'm willing to bet that if you are skeptical of my choices, you have your own issues to deal with. Spend the time you would criticizing others on yourself, and I guarantee you would have no more time for criticism! I know this is the best thing I have done for myself. Should my goal of health take me in another direction, away from Paleo, fine. As long as it keeps working for me. How aware are you of whether or not things are working for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment